Call Committee Members:
Russ Walbert Chair, Cindy Borrell, Jim Boyer, Megan Coutts, Allen Gehringer, Shelbi Heffner
The following are the steps that have been completed:
- The Call Committee is a self-contained unit.
- Call Committee will work with the Synod with support from the Council.
- The Council has prepared a Ministry Site Profile.
- A Synod representative was at St. Paul’s on April 19 to gather information and explain the next steps in our transition journey.
- The Call Committee and the Congregation Council met with the Bishop and a Synod Representative on June 10 to review the Parish Study Report.
- The committee was recently configured and has elected Russ Walbert as their chairperson.
- The committee is in the interview process with a candidate.
- The Call Committee recommended a candidate.
- The financial package has been negotiated.
- The Congregation Council has interviewed the candidate.
- The Congregation Council voted to recommend the candidate to the congregation and has scheduled an election.
- An informal ‘meet the pastor’ event is scheduled for Saturday evening February 18 between 6 and 8 PM.
- The candidate will be available for a question and answer period Sunday morning, February 19 between 9:15 and 10 AM.
- There will be just one service on February 19 at which time the candidate will lead worship.
- A special congregation meeting will follow the single service on February 19 to vote on extending a call to the candidate.
We have a new pastor. On February 19, St. Paul’s extended a call to Pastor Thomas Lang; he accepted the call and will begin ministry with us on February 27.